CARING FOR YOUR JEWELLERY
- Tribe Amrapali jewellery is special and completely hand-crafted in our workshops. Our contemporary designs showcase rich Indian heritage.
- Tribe Amrapali vintage jewellery is unmarked by us in order to preserve its authenticity.
- Your jewellery should be stored in a dry place away from humidity, moisture and extreme temperatures.
- Rings and bracelets should be worn sparingly to avoid damage through impact.
- Don´t forget to remove your rings when washing up or showering, as soap particles may become lodged in stone settings and crevices. Soaps can also leave a film over metal and stones, creating a dull appearance.
- Store your jewellery in its own box or pouch to prevent scratching, chipping and entanglement.
- All Tribe Amrapali silver is hand polished before sale. Exposed to the atmosphere, all silver is prone to oxidation and consequent tarnishing.
- Gentle rubbing with a silver cleaning cloth will restore the original brilliance of the surface.
- Do not use liquid cleaners for carved silver jewellery as the liquid dries into the engraving.
- If you wear your gold-plated silver jewellery for significant periods of time, the plating will eventually wear down. To restore its appearance, you can have it re-plated.
- Make sure your jewellery is not in regular contact with hard surfaces, which will scratch or wear down the plating or enamelling.
- Never use detergent, soap, toothpaste etc to clean your gold jewellery.
- When dressing, jewellery should always be put on last as make-up, cosmetics and perfumes can cause damage to delicate items.
- All stone jewellery requires extra care and consideration during wearing to protect the setting as well as to safeguard the diamond or gemstone it holds.
- Rose cut diamonds are unique diamond cuts with a distinctive vintage feel. These are set in very delicate settings, often set with a silver foil back for extra sparkle.
- Kundan is the oldest surviving form of jewellery made and worn in India. It is an elaborate process of setting, which is made of 24ct gold.
- Navratana or Nine gems jewellery is made up of 9 different gemstones, one symbolising each planet. It is often used for astrological purposes.